Box Maker and Line Packing Operator
Up to £9.37 per hour
Are you an experienced Machine Operator/Setter? Do you have experience of working in a busy Production Environment?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Box Maker and Line Packing Operator working for a leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components based in Newton Aycliffe.
Box Maker and Line Packing Operator Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making boxes for all product types. Delivering made boxes to the areas when required. Making box’s in a timely manner to ensure no down time occurs.
- The fanfold when cut, will require you to make the box up ready for use on the assembly line. Understand all the different cabinet designs and customers to ensure the correct boxes are made in the correct branded box.
- Selecting the box design and entering the component size onto the machine. Ensuring a first off is tried and tested before bulk production. Carrying out periodic testing ensuring no creep has occurred.
- Follow manufacturing instructions, finding the correct programs and where appropriate create a program if necessary, for bespoke none std cabinets.
- Correcting any defaults where possible before sending your box on the packing process. If unable to do so, flag immediately to avoid delays in production.
- Looking after both the machine, the cardboard fan fold stock and the management of all cardboard waste from all areas compacting as required. Particular attention in respect of operation, maintenance, housekeeping, monitoring fan fold stock, quality of box made and consumables – replacing where appropriate.
- Ensure PPE is worn at all times and all products and equipment are treated with care to avoid damage. Completing essential maintenance.
- Selection of the correct fanfold is essential to reduce cardboard waste and minimize costs, changing fanfolds and or current cutting patterns. The VKS box making machine should never be allowed to produce more than 1 defective item before corrective actions have been implemented.
- Ensuring the fan fold raw material is of the correct quality before you load into the machine, checking the cardboard product before processing.
- The box making role is very much part of the packing process, as such your role will require you to assist with the packing cabinet process, assist in the factory Housekeeping and general maintenance activities and assisting in other areas.
- Ensuring jobs are completed & delivered on time and in line with the factory production plan by ensuring deliveries are made in full without missing items with each box checked against the production pack on the trolley being processed.
- Ensure no quality failures are passed on from your area and continually strives to achieve 100% RFT.
- Ensuring boxes are loaded on pallets, benches, and trolleys.
Box Maker and Line Packing Operator Applicants:
- Able to pick up the differences between colours and slight changes in shades of colours.
- Understand cabinet construction.
- Load and create programs.
- Set tools.
- Able to follow SOP and work unsupervised.
- Able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster, and safer.
- Have good PC skills.
Hours of work are 7.30am until 4pm, with an hourly rate of £9.37 per hour.
Candidates may also be interested in Packing, Packaging, Packing Operator, Machine Operator, Machine Operative, Machine Setter, Production, Assembly, Manufacturing, Production Operative.
Job Reference: SM/BOXMAKER_1619774439
Salary: Up to £9.37 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing