Building Energy Efficiency Consultant
£24000 - £35000 per annum + pension, health cover, life assurance,
pension, health cover, life assurance,
Description: We are recruiting for a Building Energy Efficiency Consultant to both support and lead in a range of low carbon consultancy projects. Primarily the role will focus on the delivery of energy audits for SMEs across the North East and Tees Valley, although there will be an opportunity to become involved in a range of other distributed energy projects across the UK.
Deliver in-depth energy surveys/audits of SMEs, identifying opportunities for financial and CO2e savings through energy efficiency measures, on-site renewable energy generation and best practice.
Use and deploy appropriate inspection, measurement and logging equipment to enrich the quality of energy surveys.
Provide advice & guidance to SMEs.
Facilitate the completion of necessary funding paperwork with support from the Business Support Officer.Support businesses with grant applications for the deployment of recommended measures.
Deliver energy audits on a consultancy basis for commercial and municipal buildings.
Engage with community groups, deliver renewable energy feasibilities studies and other project development work.
Carry out a range of technical and strategic low carbon consultancy projects.
Undertake desktop-based surveys and carry out site visits.
Support in the management and delivery of projects, including subcontractors during field trials.
Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of industrial, process and manufacturing sectors.
- Best practice in energy efficiency and renewable energy technology.
- Well organised and methodical, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage challenging situations.
- High level of computer literacy, in particular, Word and Excel.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (teamwork).
- Full UK driving licence and own transport for business use (business mileage will be reimbursed at the prevailing HMRC mileage rates).
- Flexibility to travel within the UK.
- Degree level in a related discipline, or relevant experience.
- Postgraduate qualification in a related discipline.
- Specialist professional, energy management and/or energy auditing qualifications.
- Relevant chartership or professional membership (e.g. CIBSE, IEMA, IEE).
- EPC, ESOS and DEC certified.
- Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH certificate, IOSH Managing Safely, etc.).
Job Reference: AH-NE_1606381490
Salary: £24000 - £35000 per annum + pension, health cover, life assurance,
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical