£30000 - £35000 per annum
We our currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Certification Engineer.
Reporting to the Lead Certification Engineer, this role will be responsible for providing certification control and support within the Company departments.
Duties will include:
- To have and maintain a good knowledge of relevant International, European, North American and Canadian standards, regulations, codes and directives as well as European, Russian, American NEC / Canadian CEC. Ensuring that all new and existing products comply with all necessary standards.
- To provide guidance to all departments on the application of standards, regulations and directives.
- To obtain new certificates for all new products under the guidance of the Product Development Manager. Examples of new certifications: IECEx / ATEX / ABS / Lloyds / BV etc.
- To maintain all current certificates, dealing with renewals and product design updates and/or modifications.
- To generate and maintain all certification documentation. Maintaining proper records, certification files and documentation control procedures. Developing and improving these systems when necessary.
- To check and approve from a certification perspective, the creation of new and maintaining all current bills of material within the IFS business system.
- To liaise with all third party certification and testing authorities.
- To carry out and monitor practical certification testing.
- To organise and participate in certification related internal and external audits.
- To control and maintain the research and development (R&D) laboratory.
- To maintain product marking systems, registers, declarations of conformity etc. in line with certification updates and changes.
- To prepare declarations and official statements relating to certification, approvals and product applications in line with installation standards / codes.
- To assist in ensuring the Company is represented on all industry technical and standards related committees and working groups.
- To promote a safe working environment by directly challenging or reporting unsafe practices and hazardous working conditions and by making suggestions where improvements can or should be made.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
The successful candidates must have:
- Self-motivation and an innovative approach to problem solving
- An eye for detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An understanding of the need to work within prevailing standards constraints
Normal hours of work are 35 per week, Mon – Thur 8:30 – 16:30 Fri 8:30 – 13:30
Salary around £30k – £35k depending on experience.
Job Reference: BR33657_1562666398
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical