Our client a global leader in their industry and operating a state of the art manufacturing facility is looking to recruit a Data Engineer to be responsible for providing data engineering, analysis to improve business capability in data access, design and formatting of data collection and repositories and analysis of key data.
- Analyse data collection systems and understand data locations, format and ability to access across the business
- Work with stakeholders to understand needs for data structure, availability and accessibility.
- Design, build and maintain a data platform and reporting tools to extract, cleanse, synthesise and interpret data from a range of business systems.
- Design and build quick, intuitive dynamic reports allowing users to view metrics from multiple business systems in a central location for swift decision making across the organisation.
- Construct real time visual KPI dashboards tailored to each department to provide a snapshot of status.
- Collect, collate, cleanse synthesise and interpret data to give meaningful & actionable insights to inform decisions
- Produce standardised static reports for customer communication over a given timeframe.
- Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
- Scope requirements for any given development project in the form of a report and/or flowchart/map detailing tasks, data flow, interactions with other systems, inputs and outputs through gaining a comprehensive understanding of the tasks, current procedures and expected outcomes for the new or improved application.
- Segment larger projects into agreed sections to enable implementation of primary functionality to end users within an acceptable timeframe.
- Identify and demonstrate any existing applications that could meet the needs of the project immediately or with minimal modification.
- Facilitate development projects by liaising between developers and end users, breaking down any technical jargon for both parties and clarifying any confusion or areas of misunderstanding.
- Ensure agreed timescales are based on a full understanding of the scope and available resources – slippages to be escalated to relevant parties with the relevant reasons captured and understood.
- Plan, design, manage and execute testing of new reporting functions or added functionality ensuring any issues are resolved prior to end user testing.
- Train and rollout new or improved applications to key users and provide appropriate training documentation.
- Experience of design , build and testing of data products
- Data Warehousing – SQL, Oracle.
- Data Architecture
- Data analysis and problem solving – issues with databases and services
- Creation of test scripts
- Meta data and repository management to ensure accuracy and up to date data
- Data repository management
Job Reference: AH/DE_1620720196
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical