£30000 - £35000 per annum + Additional Benefits
The company develops renewable energy solutions to meet society’s increasing demand for electricity and heat. They are committed to developing new energy generation from proven technologies ranging from wind farms to energy from waste schemes.
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM:
- Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
- Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- New car discounts with certain dealerships
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEVELOPMENT SURVEYOR:
- To identify new wind farm opportunities for the company across Scotland, or specific areas in Northern England as may be agreed from time to time with the Senior Business Development Manager, which fulfil the requirements of the company as set out in the Renewables Business Plan or by the Renewables Board from time to time.
- To provide support to the Senior Business Development Manager and the wider team in their efforts to develop a successful business plan and to provide specific help within estates and business development areas.
- Sites should be identified pre-planning and wherever possible avoid competition.
- Prepare the initial development concept, identify and approach landowners and agree site and individual negotiating strategies with the Senior Business Development Manager.
- Use internal and external resources to take projects successfully through key review stages.
- Agree and review the site finding strategy and requirements with the Senior Business Development Manager on a regular basis.
- Requirement to negotiate on behalf of the company, however all efforts must be agreed with the Senior Business Development Manager and always be subject to the approval of the Board.
- Prepare financial appraisals for use at Key Review A and B stages and prepare and obtain approval for initial budgets to progress sites through to Key Review C.
- Liaise with the wider team members to support delivery of projects.
- Conform to the Quality Project Management System as it relates to the job.
- On occasion, be required to represent the Company at liaison meetings and landowner meetings etc., out with normal working hours.
- Work with team members to achieve both individual and the Company’s Key Financial and Non-Financial targets.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES OF THE DEVELOPMENT SURVEYOR:
- Achievement of a portfolio of renewables sites (wind, solar, storage etc) which are located out with significant technical constraints and with good planning prospects.
- Delivery of prospect and project milestones on time
- Commercial value of project is maximised at all times
- All new sites have a clear, understood deliverable strategy
- Sufficient resources are made available to projects to avoid delay or reduction in quality.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED OF THE DEVELOPMENT SURVEYOR:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in site finding, with good knowledge of development and land use planning
- Confident and experienced negotiator with landowners and agents
- Renewables experience preferred
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. RICS
- Educated to Degree level
- Clean full driving licence
- Experience in using appropriate IT tools to deliver efficiency and functionality
The role will be based at the Office in Hamilton with travel required. Extensive travel will be required across Scotland and potentially Northern England. A company car allowance will be provided.
Job Reference: BE-DEVELSUR_1550854333
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + Additional Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical