Dressing Line Operator
Up to £9.37 per hour
Have you worked in the KBB Industry? Do you have joinery and production experience?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Dressing Line Operator working for a leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components based in Newton Aycliffe.
Dressing Line Operator Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring cabinets are dressed and packed in an order that maximizes the line efficiency
- Door and Drawer preparation is essential to prevent cabinets sitting on the line being unable to be processed, such tasks require careful drilling in the right positions and depths fitting of hinges and having drawers ready for fitting inside cabinets quickly and efficiently
- Ensures fascia and drawer boxes are processed in the right order ensuring the quality of the build and dressing meets out standards
- To carry out dressing in line with production schedule ensuring all fasciae are prepared for the cabinet in line with the cabinet breakdown
- It is essential that cabinets are square, that doors are hung, and drawer fronts are fitted leaving even gaps and that mechanisms work and are free moving. That fasciae are free of imperfections as a result of drilling, hinge fitting and hanging or fixing. That each cabinet has the correct internals including the correct number of shelves
- That jobs are processed accurately against production orders, cutting lists and cabinet breakdowns in line with production requirements, processing most urgent orders first
- This role is at the forefront of our client’s quality management process of completing orders, you are responsible for ensuring cabinets are dressed correctly, and that are built, dressed and packed delighting our customers
- Liaising with Bespoke area assembly and preassembly and assisting where appropriate
- Handling components multiple times ensuring there is plenty of opportunity for inspection of the fascia’s and inspection of the assembled cabinets paying attention to both sides of the fascia and the components being fitted. Typical inspection attributes are squareness, chipping, scratching, sizing, cleanliness, free running mechanisms, and that all internals are fitted properly and carefully
- Dressing, fascia preparation and packing should be completed in a safe manner following the SOP’s with equipment maintained and in good condition
- Where a faulty product has been discovered activate the SMR process
- Waste disposal, having a clean and tidy work area free from clutter
- Safe handling of panels and components ensuring the bench tops and conveyor belt is clean and free from anything that could damage the cabinet or fascia being built
- Supporting the greater team effort where dressing demand is a lower priority than assisting with other tasks
- Some items may not be suitable for assembly and dressing on the line, as such they may need to be built and dressed manually clamped or taken to the bespoke area
- Building cabinets in an order that suits the dressing conveyors occupancy on both lines
- To assist with preassembly, drilling and boring prior to the clamp of the prepared panels
Dressing Line Operator Applicants:
- Must be able to pick up the differences between colours and slight changes in shades of colours
- Understand cabinet construction
- Be able to follow SOP and work unsupervised
- Be able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster and safer
- Has good PC skills
Hours of work: 7.30am until 5pm.
Hourly rate: £9.37 per hour.
Candidate may also be interested in Joinery, Joiner, KBB, Kitchens, Kitchen Fitter, Kitchen Units, Kitchens Cabinets, Kitchen Drawers, Doors, Drawers, Hinges, Kitchen Components, Production, Production Operator.
Job Reference: SM/DRESSINGLINEOP_1605284142
Salary: Up to £9.37 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing