Electronic Products Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Role and Responsibilities of the Electronic Products Engineer:
* Assist project teams to realise practical power electronics converter designs, supporting definition of component selection, wiring, schematics and enclosure layout.
* Provide ongoing support for existing electronic products, helping resolve inservice, quality and obsolescence issues.
* Actively be involved in product issue root cause identification and resolution, diagnosing issues using test equipment and instrumentation and liaising with suppliers and customers where appropriate to resolve.
* Support the development and implementation of Bench Test Equipment (BTE) for projects where this is required to support customer test of products.
* Attend project design reviews, offering practical review and advice in relation to electro-mechanical build, suitability for manufacture and service.
* Exploration of supply chain solutions for new and or alternative components and assemblies to drive cost optimisation and ongoing product viability.
* Definition and/or modification of electrical drawings and schematics when necessary.
* Support definition, implementation and setup of test and evaluation facilities.
* Identify, invoke and support product Request for Change (RfC).
* Contribute, and where appropriate lead, Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to determine and mitigate product and process risk.
* Manage and modify as appropriate product Bills of Materials (BoM) as entered in the business ERP system.
* Gather and analyse data relating to component and product capability, making recommendation where possible to make changes that benefit either cost and/or quality and/or performance.
* Assist in the preparation and/or modification of Work Instructions, test procedures and investigation documentation.
* Follow departmental and company quality processes (including ISO 9001 and AS9100 for aerospace) and Health & Safety practises throughout the business.
* Carry out other duties that the business may require from time to time.
Requirements of the Electronic Products Engineer:
* Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar (BEng 2:1 or higher).
* BS7671 17th edition wiring qualification.
* Demonstratable experience of electrical/electronic product design and test/qualifications.
* Knowledge of electronics-mechanical design layout and detailing.
* Testing of electrical products, for qualification and investigation purposes.
* Ability to review and design electrical schematics.
* Competence with CAD, PCB layout and design.
Job Reference: BE/ElecProdEng_1549883206
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Electronics