Electronic Products Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Baltic Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Electronic Products Engineer for a world leading company in innovative high speed machines and power electronic solutions based in the North East of England.
Relocation assistance and VISA sponsorship can be offered for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities of the Electronic Products Engineer:
* Assist project teams to realise practical power electronics converter designs, supporting definition of component selection, wiring, schematics and enclosure layout.
* Provide ongoing support for existing electronic products, helping resolve inservice, quality and obsolescence issues.
* Actively be involved in product issue root cause identification and resolution, diagnosing issues using test equipment and instrumentation and liaising with suppliers and customers where appropriate to resolve.
* Support the development and implementation of Bench Test Equipment (BTE) for projects where this is required to support customer test of products.
* Attend project design reviews, offering practical review and advice in relation to electro-mechanical build, suitability for manufacture and service.
* Exploration of supply chain solutions for new and or alternative components and assemblies to drive cost optimisation and ongoing product viability.
* Definition and/or modification of electrical drawings and schematics when necessary.
* Support definition, implementation and setup of test and evaluation facilities.
* Identify, invoke and support product Request for Change (RfC).
* Contribute, and where appropriate lead, Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to determine and mitigate product and process risk.
* Manage and modify as appropriate product Bills of Materials (BoM) as entered in the business ERP system.
* Gather and analyse data relating to component and product capability, making recommendation where possible to make changes that benefit either cost and/or quality and/or performance.
* Assist in the preparation and/or modification of Work Instructions, test procedures and investigation documentation.
* Follow departmental and company quality processes (including ISO 9001 and AS9100 for aerospace) and Health & Safety practises throughout the business.
* Carry out other duties that the business may require from time to time.
Requirements/Desired Requirements of the Electronic Products Engineer:
* Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar (BEng 2:1 or higher).
* BS7671 17th edition wiring qualification.
* Demonstratable experience of electrical/electronic product design and test/qualifications.
* Knowledge of electronics-mechanical design layout and detailing.
* Testing of electrical products, for qualification and investigation purposes.
* Ability to review and design electrical schematics.
* Competence with CAD, PCB layout and design.
* Semiconductor Device Selection and Control.
* System Simulation.
* Control Systems / Embedded Systems Design.
* Understanding of Standard Converter Architecture.
Job Reference: BE/ElecProdEng_1550835796
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: England
Job Industry: Electronics