£20000 - £24000 per annum
The company specialises in Non-Destructive Testing, providing a broad spectrum of inspection and test equipment for inspection companies, process plant, manufacturing and services industries for a worldwide market.
Job Description of the Electronics Technician:
The successful applicant is required to work to component level on a variety of equipment including x-ray, ultrasonic, eddy current and other types of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment associated with non-destructive testing applications.
Work involves, repair and calibration to UKAS (17025) standard. A sound knowledge of electronics is essential and a mechanical aptitude would be beneficial. Work involves mainly lab/workshop but site visits in the UK may also be required. A flexible work attitude to meet customer demands is essential.
Initial familiarisation training will be given however the successful applicant will be expected to work unsupervised to carry out a range of repairs and calibration.
Skill/Qualifications of the Electronics Technician:
- Clean driving licence
- Use of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- A sound practical and theoretical knowledge of electronics is essential
- A flexible work attitude is essential
- Excellent communications skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to work alone without close supervision
- Data Entry Skills, Reporting Skills, Organisation, Scheduling, Analysing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Safety Management, Inventory Control
- Knowledge of working / running a UKAS calibration laboratory would be an advantage
- Knowledge / understanding of measurement of uncertainty would be an advantage
- Must have a hands on approach
Salary: £20-24k (starting)
Education required: Formal electronics qualifications required, BTEC, HNC, Degree or equivalent.
Job type: Permanent
Job status: Full Time
Job Reference: BE-ELECTECH_1548414532
Salary: £20000 - £24000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical