Engineer – Energy Efficiency/Low Carbon
£30000 - £47000 per annum + pension, life assurance, health insurance
pension, life assurance, health insurance
Currently recruiting for Building Services Specialists/Energy Efficiency Engineers (based in the Blyth area) for our client who are an organisation that carries out a wide range of work within the renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy storage sector. Helping their customers reduce carbon, alleviate fuel poverty, improve energy security, stimulate economic growth and educate energy users.
Great opportunity to join a growing organisation involved in very interesting projects. You will be fully supported in your career growth with training, development and career progression.
We are recruiting for Building Services Specialists/Energy Efficiency Engineers to both support and lead in a range of low carbon consultancy projects. Primarily the role will focus on the delivery of energy audits for SMEs across the North East LEP area, although there will be an opportunity to become involved in a range of other distributed energy projects across the UK.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree level in a related discipline, or relevant experience
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Writing technical reports to required standards
- Data analysis and interpretation using spreadsheets
- Engaging with both the public and private sector, including SMEs
- Domestic and non-domestic heating systems and energy efficiency measures
- Well organised and methodical, with attention to detail
- Understanding of renewable energy systems (photovoltaics, heat pumps and solar thermal)
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage challenging situations
- High level of computer literacy, in particular Word and Excel
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team work)
- Full UK driving licence and own transport for business use
- Flexibility to travel within the UK.
- Deliver in-depth energy surveys/audits of SMEs, identifying opportunities for financial and CO2e savings through energy efficiency measures, on-site renewable energy generation and best practice.
- Identify opportunities to deploy logging equipment
- Provide advice & guidance to SMEs
- Facilitate the completion of necessary funding paperwork with support from the project coordinator
- Deliver energy audits on a consultancy basis for commercial and municipal buildings
- Carry out a range of technical and strategic low carbon consultancy projects.
- Undertake desktop-based surveys and carry out site visits
- Support in the management and delivery of projects, including subcontractors during field trials
- Engage with clients from both the private and public sector
- Deliver work independently and as part of a team
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of proposals and reports.
- Follow policies and procedures, in particular; complete enquiry records, proposals and reports to the required standard
- Support other members of the team with technical projects
Job Reference: AH/BS_1658216231
Salary: £30000 - £47000 per annum + pension, life assurance, health insurance
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical