Engineering Manager / Principal Engineer
£53000 - £55000 per annum + 8% bonus
My client, an innovative Company, are looking to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager.
- Design, development and technical support for standard and custom products.
- Leadership, motivation and development of all engineers in the engineering team.
- Meeting key milestones and business objectives.
- The incumbent will be required to travel as part of their duties.
- To be a key facility leader and a role model for all staff in all departments.
- Technical support to sales & proposals personnel, service personnel, manufacturing & purchasing.
- Assisting other internal engineering teams with best practice solutions.
- Development of working practices to provide cost efficient and safe design and the development of standard and non-standard products.
- Close liaison with proposals and sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully met, from initial enquiry to commission.
- Carrying out and check design reviews to satisfy all aspects of design integrity and compliance with company design procedures and external design codes.
- Commitment to supporting our customers on site as required.
- Development of Part number and BOM structure creation and promotion processes.
- To develop and maintain the skills matrix and training plans for team and individual development.
- To develop, train and mentor all engineers in the team.
- To accurately estimate timely completion of design projects.
- To ensure that the team uses the departmental project management software effectively.
- To ensure that the team adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- To drive continuous improvement of the team and the facility.
- The incumbent may be seconded to other Engineering Teams to meet business demands.
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline.
- Experience in leading people to obtain optimal results and high team morale.
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience, post degree.
- Good English Language, Spoken and Written
- Knowledge of 3D computer aided design and ability to read and understand Manufacturing Drawings.
- Proficient with MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage a team to meet key milestones and business objectives.
- An advocate of change and ability to drive change.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with clients and peers at all levels.
- Ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Must be able to work in front of a personal computer for long periods of time.
£55k with an 8% bonus.
Job Reference: M6951_1551717966
Salary: £53000 - £55000 per annum + 8% bonus
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical