Engineering Project Manager
ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
Baltic Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Project Manager for a well-established company based in Stockton-on-Tees. The company design and manufacture a range of specialist innovative products and are looking for an experienced Engineering Project Manager to join their growing team in the North East. At present, they employ circa 150 staff across 4 sites and are in the process of opening a new factory in Wynyard Business Park to meet growing demand.
As the Engineering Project Manager, your role will include managing all the projects and sub-projects within a growing engineering department.
Working on new product development using 3D CAD systems with PDM following through to large volume manufacture.
Reviewing detailed engineering drawings as part of product lifecycle management.
Build relationships with suppliers to ensure demands were met in a timely manner and also enabled negotiation for cost effective deliverables.
Working individually and as part of a team to deliver projects on a tight timescale, enabling us to bring the new products to market. You will report directly to the Head of Design, and conduct weekly update meetings also with the Managing director.
Part of the role will be to follow all the work being done by the team and document their progress, publish reminders and keep progress and to-do lists up to date.
- Degree level in mechanical engineering or similar.
- Hitting deadlines.
- Competency using Solid Works for modelling.
- Understanding of tolerance stacks.
- Drafting checking, the drawings are generally simple but of great importance is understanding the manufacturing processes employed.
- Practical, hands-on engineering skills.
- Ability and confidence in dealing with suppliers to organise and procure prototypes, gain both prototype and production samples and work with engineering changes.
- Microsoft office, (Excel and Outlook).
- Managerial experience and project management.
- Skills in coordinating others, people skills, organisation.
- Experience of manufacturing the processes we use, e.g. High- and low-pressure castings, injection moulding, aluminium and plastic extrusions, bonding technology, manual fabrication.
- Experience with Microsoft project.
- Experience with PDM software, ideally Solid Works.
Competitive package on offer for the right person.
Job Reference: BE/EPM_1562839384
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Design and Creative