Forge Production Engineer
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Our client, an adaptable and multifaceted engineering firm based in Darlington are seeking a committed and suitably qualified Forge Production Engineer to join their growing team.
The main responsibility of this role is to provide technical support to the Forge, Dieshop and Machine Shop.
Location: Darlington, DL1
Salary: £34K to £38K (depending on experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week | 4-day week | Monday – Thursday | 07:00 AM – 04.45 PM
- CAD – 2D drawings and 3D models using Solidworks
- CAM – to produce cutter paths and setting sheets for CNC die-sinking
- Maintain the company ERP system so that BOMs and routings are accurate
- Estimating of forged parts – as cover for the Engineering Manager
- New product introduction. Involvement receiving the order, through to delivering the product.
- Production engineering – involvement on the shop floor looking at improvement and solutions to any problems
- Attend improvement groups for the Forge and Machine Shop
- Participation in improvement programmes including quality improvements and cost/waste reduction initiatives
- Maintain a high level of 6S in the maintenance areas of the Die Shop and Machine Shop
- HNC/D or Degree in a mechanical or production engineering discipline
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a similar environment
- Experience in 3D CAD system, such as Solidworks or Powershape
- Forging experience
- CNC tool-making experience
- Full driving licence
- Continuous improvement mindset and ways of working – 6S / lean methodology
- Knowledge of ERP systems and experience of writing BOMs and routings. Experience of maintaining an ERP system
If you are unsure whether or not you have the necessary skills and experience, please call Lauren on 01325 731 060, ext. 299 / or text 0770 367 4070 for further information.
Job Reference: LRPRFD_1659622300
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical