Goods In Operative
Up to £10.14 per hour
Are you experienced in dealing with Goods In? Are you looking for a new challenge?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Permanent Goods In Operative to work for a highly reputable client based in Newton Aycliffe. To manage all deliveries made of Board and Edging Tape either direct from the main supplier or distributors. This covers MFC, MDF, board regardless of what it will be used for either End Panels, Kitchens, Unity or other cut and edged doors etc.
Goods In Operative Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check physical products and quantity received against detail on the manifest. Processing most urgent orders first. Liaising with the production controller and programmers keeping up to date of changes in requirements.
- Items should be receipted and stored in appropriate locations and stock records amended.
- Where a faulty product has been discovered activate the SMR process in a timely manner particularly where this may impact a delivery in full.
- To ensure board loaded into the board store conforms to quality standards ensuring are loaded in a timely manner. Monitoring board store stacks and stock removing slow moving or obsolete colours and storing in external storage.
- Ensuring board stock is accurate both in board store and in external stock. Having rejected boards clearly labelled and segregated to prevent accidental use.
- To assist with control of Kanban items stocked at the factory, this includes hinges, cabinet legs and sockets, dowels, fixings and many other items. Developing and following a system of ensuring we receipt all deliveries and issue to relevant parties and store in relevant locations.
- To ensure all failings during the goods inwards process are identified and are prevented from damaging customer delight.
- To ensure all stock records are controlled, updated and are accurate. Assist purchasing and the control of factory consumables and Kanban stocks and materials to ensure they are available at the point of use and at the time necessary for the teams to complete their tasks.
- To unload and load vehicles safely and efficiently using a forklift.
Goods In Operative Applicants:
- Able to adequately read and understand delivery notes.
- Be familiar with warehousing systems.
- Able to follow SOP and work unsupervised.
- Able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster and safer.
- Has good PC skills.
- Can drive a forklift and hold a valid Counterbalance License
Working 7.30am until 4pm, Monday to Friday. Hourly rate: £10.14. Possibility of overtime at an enhanced rate.
Applicants may also be interested in Warehouse, Warehousing, Warehouse Operator, Goods In, Goods Out, FLT, Forklift, Fork Lift Truck, Counterbalance, Counter balance, Counterbalance License, Fork Lift.
Job Reference: SM/GOODSIN_1659453670
Salary: Up to £10.14 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Other