Up to £9.37 per hour
Do you have experience of working in a busy Warehouse/Production Environment? Do you have experience of dealing with Goods In?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Goods In position working for a leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components based in Newton Aycliffe. Overall responsibility of managing all deliveries made into the factory, checking products and quantity received.
Goods In Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To manage all deliveries made into the factory. To check physical products and quantity received against the manifest. Processing most urgent orders first
- This role is at the forefront of our client’s quality management. Goods should be checked and receipted in line with the manifest, checking packing ensuring items possibly damaged are identified as soon as possible
- Where a faulty product has been discovered activate the SMR process
- To marshal all deliveries, keeping components together by customer and separating where mixed pallets are received, essentially product will need breaking down to several categories, items that need to be built and components that will simply be shipped out again and appliances
- Components required for the cabinet build, will need allocating and issuing at the appropriate time to multiple locations – door preparation, drawer box preparation, line assembly etc.
- To control stocks, and components ensuring you receipt all deliveries and issue to relevant parties and store in relevant locations. It is essential that all deliveries are logged and recorded and once all components parts are receipted in full production scheduling is notified
- Ensuring all received materials are processed efficiently and accurately, this includes raw board, components and any miscellaneous deliveries
- To ensure all failings during the goods inwards process are identified and are prevented from damaging customer delight
- To ensure all stock records are controlled, updated and are accurate. Ensuring all unnecessary stock is returned. To assist purchasing and the control of factory consumables and Kanban stocks and materials to ensure they are available at the point of use and at the time necessary
- To unload vehicles safely and efficiently
- To assist with the monitoring of the level of weekly/monthly quality failures enabling them to be plot on a graph, helping to target specific improvements
- Products received are processed with 24hrs of receipt and labelled and put away to appropriate area
- That the work area is clean, tidy and devoid of hazard
- To play a part in the continual improvement of factory housekeeping
- To carryout first-hand maintenance with the forklift and pallet trucks
Goods In Applicants:
- Must hold a Counterbalance FLT License and be able to operate a Counterbalance FLT
- Must be able to adequately read and understand delivery notes
- Be familiar with warehousing systems
- Able to follow SOP and work unsupervised
- Be able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster and safer
- Have good PC skills
Hours of work are 7.30am until 5pm, with an hourly rate of £9.37 per hour. This is a temporary to permanent position.
Candidate may also be interested in Goods In, Warehouse, Warehousing, Materials Handler, Storesperson, Warehouseman, Goods Inward, Storeman, Goods Received, Store Operative, Warehouse Operative, Unloading Deliveries, Unloading, Inbound Deliveries.
Job Reference: SM/GOODSIN_1605281978
Salary: Up to £9.37 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing
Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production