Are you an experienced HR Officer? Do you have 3 or more years’ HR experience working within a Manufacturing, Automotive or similar environment?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a HR Officer, on a Fixed Term Contract for approximately 10 months to cover maternity leave. Working for a supplier of high-quality automotive components based in Washington.
Responsible for the day-to-day HR management of the Production workforce as well as running the weekly payroll for approx. 500 employees. The role includes developing and supporting HR policies and procedures as well as improving the efficiency of the department.
The successful candidate will deliver a high-quality service to meet departmental and organisational expectations and must demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude in all of the work that is delivered, ensuring the needs of all department requirements are achieved.
HR Officer Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support all employee relations issues with the Production team.
- Update and review procedures, standard letters and forms to ensure compliance to new employment legislation.
- Process weekly payroll along with any ad hoc payroll issues, including year-end processes.
- Manage and process auto enrolment and pension scheme administration.
- Assist with the management of the recruitment Employment Agency for the provision of shopfloor labour.
- Proactively manage employee benefits.
- Proactively manage long term sickness and assist Supervisors and Managers with short term sickness.
- Manage and maintain time and attendance.
- Co-ordinate the Occupational Health provision within the Company.
- Manage and participate the recruitment for office staff up to Management Level.
- Maintain all job descriptions and personal specifications.
- Review handbook periodically in line with policy and legislative changes.
- Assist with improving the efficiency of the department through streamlining processes.
- Actively participate in cost reduction activities.
- Support recruitment activities up to Supervisor/Engineer level positions.
- Produce department statistics as required.
- Any other related duties as required.
HR Officer Applicants:
- Hold a professional qualification – CIPD or equivalent.
- Have experience of handling discipline and grievance procedures from beginning to end, reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy HR team.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of HR legislation.
- Understanding of the pressure of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Be able to efficiently communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Be self-motivated and pro-active.
- Have excellent organisation skills.
- Respond positively to change and is active in implementing new ideas.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of payroll processing, including year-end.
- Experience of working with HR systems e.g. Civica/Carval
- Participation in Better Health at Work Award.
- Experiencing of working within a unionised environment.
Candidates may also be interested in HR, Human Resources, HR Officer, HR Advisor, Manufacturing, Automotive, Payroll, HR Adviser, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Officer.
Job Reference: SM/HROFFICER_1613480318
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 10 Months
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Commercial_operations