Injection Moulding Technician
£24000 - £28000 per annum
Our client, based in Stanley (DH9), are a well-established plastics manufacturer. Specialising in the design and manufacture of innovative plastic packaging solutions for liquids, they are looking to add to their growing team.
We are seeking a skilled Injection Moulding Technician with excellent technical knowledge of a variety of plastics and polymers. Applicants must have experience of working with hydraulic Injection Moulding machines up to 150 tonnes and have experience working with pick and place robots.
Duties will include:
- Optimisation of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production
- Maximising production efficiency’s by performing Lean, Kaizen and 5S activities
- Derive process condition from zero
- Working with the Setter/Operator to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ascertain machine capability using SPC
- Troubleshooting and fault correction procedures
- Performing regular quality checks
- Preparing tools for jobs required
- Ensuring that all paperwork is up to date and accessible
- Performing Colour Changes
- Undertaking tool changes as required
- Packing, weighing labelling boxes ready for despatch
- Efficient handover with the shifts
- General housekeeping to keep the department to a high standard
This is an excellent opportunity for development with our client. The successful applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to hit the ground running. You must be a strong and confident communicator, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Shift patterns are as follows:
3 Shifts; 10pm-6am, 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm with an early close on a Friday night.
If you’re interested and would like to apply but you aren’t sure if you have the right skills and experience, please contact Lauren Rooney on 0770 367 4070 for an informal discussion.
Job Reference: LRIMTS_1659426926
Salary: £24000 - £28000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing