Lead Material Handler
£21957 - £25250 per annum
A leading 1st Tier Automotive supplier is looking to recruit a Lead Material Handler on a permanent basis. Responsible for a team of 9 monitoring and controlling level of stock, distribution of goods, organise duties for material handlers and line feeders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Lead Material Handler:
- Monitoring and controlling the movement and level of stock.
- Distribution of goods to various departments.
- Assist Material Handlers and Line Feeders with deliveries, the loading of materials and the movement of parts to lines when required.
- Organising the allocation of duties of Material Handlers and Line Feeders.
- Undertake stock counts as required.
- Deputise for Logistics & Warehouse Senior as and when required.
- Monitor, control and ordering of department and miscellaneous consumables.
- Ensuring that all paperwork for incoming and outgoing purposes is correctly completed.
- Produce work “Ad-Hoc” for the Materials Department as and when required.
- Exercise high standards of H & S at all times, including Environmental Safety Awareness.
- Be Flexible in working hours and willing to cover shifts at short notice.
Education and Experience Required of the Lead Material Handler:
A full clean driving licence is preferred. An FLT licence is desirable, Ideally you will have previous experience in a warehouse / material handling role and be very familiar with the type of paperwork / labelling procedures that are linked to shipments.
Personal Characteristics of the Lead Material Handler:
It is essential that candidates possess flexibility, drive and enthusiasm and are tenacious and determined to succeed in a demanding environment.
Additionally, candidates should be able to keep calm, constructive and disciplined when working under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
Candidates must be a good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This a permanent role on day shift 7am – 3pm with a salary of between 23 – 25k.
Job Reference: BE/LM_1542985923
Salary: £21957 - £25250 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing