Lead Operator/Team Leader
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Pension
Our client an established FMCG company are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Operator/Team Leader to join their expanding team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Motivate, coach and recognise the team to achieve their goals.
- Ownership of personal learning and development plan.
- Be a behavioural ambassador within their Team.
- Exchange communication and information with the Team Manager and the peers (shift handover) concerning non-conformities by various causes and other relevant information. relating to the production process (staff, yields, procedures).
- Ensure adherence to HSE legal compliance.
- Cover the food safety risks (fit for work, personal hygiene).
- Work to the agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure safety is maintained.
- Support the behaviour-based safety program.
- Participate in Risks assessments as required.
- Report any unsafe situation to the Production Manager and the Safety Manager.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment.
- Ensure effective loss and waste process.
- Wearing the necessary personal protective equipment, appropriate for the given task.
- Implement the general safety measures which have been effective in other departments.
- Respect the general hygiene measures of the company.
- Follow the agreements made in connection with food defence.
- Monitoring of utilities (water, gas, electricity, glycol, coolingwater, compressed air).
- Sterilise the production line/filling line.
- Comply with HACCP, quality standards and 5S requirements within department. – Monitor CCP’s and control + cleaning the filters. If abnormalities, report to the team manager and/or production manager.
- Continuous monitoring of the order and cleanness in and around the machines, if necessary, do cleaning work + maintaining 5S.
- Apply allergens procedure.
- Take samples according to the sampling plan.
- Master manufacturing processes (at source) to deliver Right First-Time performance
- Operation machinery in accordance with SOP’s and Working Instructions. – Ensuring an optimal progress of the process within the department. Continuous process control:adjustment of machines, monitoring of parameters (pressures, temperatures, control valves, flows,…) and take actions and corrective measures in case of deviations.
- Support problem solving when completing CAPA’s.
- Ensure an optimal progress of the production process within the department.
- Continuous process control: adjustment of the machines, monitoring of parameters (pressures, temperatures, control valves, flows,) and take actions and corrective measures in case of deviations.
- Do the internal CIP cleaning as required within department (rinse/ long CIP / long-acid CIP ) + check on the basis of the CIP check list.
- Start-up, conversion and monitoring area of responsibility (either mixing or filling areas).
- Maintaining OTIF status by achieving conformance to plan and OEE target Contribute to
- Short Interval Control reviews as requested.
- Support timely close out of technical issues impacting production (SIC).
- Ensure a good team transfer to the next team and discuss the planning and issues. Also make sure that the next team has enough resources for the next 2 hours to do their jobs. Provide logistic flow between production and warehouse.
- Fill in the different production documents, task lists and the logbook.
- Ensure productivity targets are achieved (OEE, HR planning).
- Adhere to the Bill Of Materials for each recipe.
- Support constant reduction of inefficiencies and not added value activities.
- £23,000 – 26,000 per annum depending on experience.
- 3 shift pattern, earlies, lates & nights.
- Holiday scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Opportunity for further development/progression.
Job Reference: ABLOTLC_1554382064
Salary: £23000 - £26000 per annum + Pension
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical