Lithographic Plate Maker
£24000 - £26000 per annum + Pension, Bonus
Our client a market leader in their industry are looking to recruit an experienced Lithographic Plate Maker to join their expanding team.
- To provide a complete Origination and Litho plate-making service to the Litho Print presses ensuring that Artwork, Plates files, Litho, Flexo and varnish plates are supplied on time to the correct specification
- To possess the skills required to understand the origination process for both Lithographic and Flexographic Printing Presses.
- To work within the origination department against set sales and customer KPI and quality targets.
- To ensure artwork and stepped files are manufactured to precise and expected customer levels.
- To be based within the origination and reprographic and plate making function.
- To work closely with the continuous improvement, design, and production teams.
- To ensure the company health and safety policy is adhered to.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working pattern is a double day shift rotation alternating 1 week in Origination office 10am-6pm Monday-Thursday, 08.30am – 4.30pm Friday. 1 week in Plate Room 6am – 2pm Monday- Friday.
- To ensure a faultless time and attendance record.
- To problem solve and correct general issues via 5y and associated techniques.
- To work accurately and methodically and pay attention to detail.
- To have a ‘can do attitude’ with a willingness to learn.
- To work with a mentor supporting the business whilst training.
Litho Plate Making:
- Working from running lists and print order route card, check order details and copies are to customer requirements
- Produce Litho plates and varnish coaters as per the running list.
- Technical settings and adjustments to enable the job to be produced correctly and efficiently.
- Ensure quality checks are completed.
- If problems occur, make any decisions to rectify and inform the shift manager or print manager.
- Complete paperwork required for the effective control of their duties (e.g. Cleaning Schedule, QC checklist and update database.
- Working closely with other team members, Press Room, Pre Press and production control to maximise performance, ensuring required quality and minimise downtime in all areas.
- To practice a clean as you go policy and ensure the plate-room and plate racks are kept clean and tidy.
- To ensure machine clean downs and lubrication programmes are carried out regularly and effectively.
- Report faults and breakdowns to Maintenance Department and Site Shift Manager.
- To make efficient use of any down time, e.g. cleaning and maintenance forward loading.
- Comply with the company Health & Safety, Hygiene and Environmental Regulations.
- Complete a full and accurate hand over to next crews at shift change.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- An education level in line or above Vocational Apprenticeships.
- Excellent computer skills. A knowledge of artwork, origination and repro, with experience of commonly used design packages – Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Origination/Litho Plate Makers will work under the observation of a Pre-press Supervisor, building up new skills, gaining additional tasks and responsibilities as they improve.
- £25,000 per annum starting salary.
- Working pattern is a double day shift rotation alternating 1 week in Origination office 10am-6pm Monday-Thursday, 08.30am – 4.30pm Friday. 1 week in Plate Room 6am – 2pm Monday- Friday.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Bonus scheme.
Job Reference: ABLPM_1544023599
Salary: £24000 - £26000 per annum + Pension, Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical