PURPOSE OF THE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ROLE:
- A multi-skilled technician, preferably with an Electrical/C&I bias, within the Facilities Engineering section contributing towards the maintenance, availability and reliability of essential specialised services which are vital to the Assembly and Manufacturing area.
- Working as part of a team of Maintenance Engineering Technicians to provide troubleshooting and support to the plant and systems which are controlled within very tight specifications and required to operate 24hrs per day 365 days.
SUMMARY OF THE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining plant to sustain a state of the art multi-million pound manufacturing facility.
- Ensure all plant is functioning correctly in accordance with specifications to comply with the all relevant statuary requirements of the Environment operating permit, Health & Safety plus ISO9001/ISO14001/OHSAS18001.
MAIN TASKS OF THE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN:
- Utilise CMMS to identify, analyse and record PM’s in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Carry out comprehensive PMs, respond to breakdowns and return plant to production in a timely manor.
- Analyse, maintain and rectify fault conditions across a range of plant, equipment & systems
- Operate and diagnose fault conditions within the DCS PLC control systems.
- Ensure engineering principles and procedures, compliance and calibrations are adhered to.
- Play an active role to identify and implement machine improvements in order to increase reliability, efficiency and reduce operating costs through continuous improvements.
- Contribute towards Key Performance Indicators to achieve Engineering targets.
- Contribute towards training of fellow Technicians, Operators and Apprentices.
- To understand how variations in the machine performance affect the plant process conditions.
- Play an active role in 8D group activity during major events as the corporate problem solving tool.
- Proactive role in developing a positively safe and environmental culture to satisfy OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001/140001 respectively.
- Liaise with vendors and field service engineers for assistance in breakdowns & telephone support.
- Flexible and willing to work throughout the operation to achieve the business goals.
Job Reference: BE/MAINTEC_1547811979
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical