Our client, a leading manufacturing company, based in County Durham, is looking to recruit a Materials Controller/Planner on a minimum of 6 months fixed term contract, which could well be extended to 12 months.
The role is to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment to essentially maintain supply of components to production.
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run MRP materials.
- Ensure continuity of supply to production.
- Co-ordinate SOP (Start of Production) and EOP (End of Production)
- Monitor/adjust material requirements in accordance with customer demand
- Ensure transmission of schedules to supplier weekly
- Expedite material deliveries
- Liaise with suppliers/transport companies
- Liaise with internal customers
- Maintain supplier files
- Support annual and interim inventory checks
- Support inventory reduction activities
- To control freight expenditure
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulations. Exercise high standards of H & S at all times, including Environmental Safety Awareness
Education / Qualifications Required:
Pre-requisite: GCSE Maths/English or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role would be beneficial
Basic understanding of Microsoft programmes (Excel)
Job Reference: AH/MC_1614091732
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6 months
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing