We are looking to recruit a Materials Engineer to join the Design & Development team. You will be working in the Design and Development team to be responsible for leading the introduction of all materials from initial concept through to full production. responsible for all material used which includes: resin, metal, paint, adhesive, polymers etc.
The responsibilities include:
- To provide the major interface within the company and externally with both suppliers and customers.
- To lead in trials associated with cost reduction and new products introduction which include:
- material test programs
- creation and maintenance of internal specification sheets
- cost reduction opportunities achieved by change of material or process
- To carry out material development with supplier and customer.
- To establish all specifications relating to materials.
- Any other related duties as required.
- Ability to work under their own initiative.
Degree (Bachelor or Master) in a Material Science (Polymer Physics and Chemistry for example)
- Meeting management (creating and distributing minutes, chairing meetings)
- Project management (time planning etc.)
- Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook
- Self-motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision but also ability to work well in a team when required.
- Scientific approach to investigations for proposed changes
- Proactive and pragmatic approach, curious and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
Open-minded to changes and enthusiasm for improving quality and cost performance
Job Reference: AH/ME_1618326687
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing