Mechanical Fitter – Rail/Locomotives
£25500 - £26000 per annum + Pension
Our client providers of specialist services, focused on the needs of owners and operators of rail facilities and sidings are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their expanding team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out Preventative maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of locomotives and a variety of railway equipment, as part of a small team of engineers.
- To ensure that their work complies with all legislative requirements and regulations in force and that services can be supplied in line with contractual requirements.
- To assist with a regular programme of vehicle servicing & examinations. To include all aspects of reliability, safety, roadworthiness, comfort and appearance.
- To work overtime on occasions, where required, to complete jobs.
- To be prepared to be called out on breakdowns and to respond immediately.
- To assist with the delivery and collection of materials and tooling as required.
- To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with customers.
- To take care of the company mobile phone, answer it when called, use for company business only and keep it charged and in working order.
- To report immediately any issues regarding Health & Safety whilst at work. This includes any incidents, accidents or near misses.
- To ensure a duty of care for themselves and any other persons whilst at work.
- To attend any training courses as required.
- To communicate with any relevant person related to their work, keeping them informed of progress where there are operational implications.
- The mechanical engineer will complete expense claims for submission to the company for any expenditure in pursuance of the company’s business.
- The mechanical engineer will undertake all other reasonable duties as delegated to him/her by the Fleet Engineer.
- The mechanical engineer must be over 21 years old and must have a current UK driving licence held for at least 2 years.
- The mechanical engineer is expected to have suitable qualifications and experience in heavy mechanical engineering.
- The mechanical engineer must be capable of mechanical fault finding and maintenance.
- The mechanical engineer must capable of general diesel engine fitting and maintenance.
- The mechanical engineer must be literate, capable of writing job reports and other paperwork as required.
- The mechanical engineer must be capable of, working alone and on their own initiative, in dealing with vehicle problems and correcting faults without reference in every case to the supervisor.
- The mechanical engineer is expected to have good communication skills.
- Must be committed to continuous improvement of skills and behaviour.
- £25,500 – £26,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Day shift: 9:00AM – 5:00PM.
- Pension scheme.
Job Reference: ABMFRMS_1552493177
Salary: £25500 - £26000 per annum + Pension
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical