Main Purpose of the Metrology Technician
To support the Quality department ensuring that all CMM inspection and measurement functions are carried out in and efficient and effective manner.
Duties of the Metrology Technician
- Manage Metrology Audits and finished product audits.
- Support Production Department / process improvements.
- Manage Metrology Standards, Procedures and Instructions.
- Check gauges and all measuring equipment (R+R Studies).
- Geometric measurement of component parts.
- Produce Inspection Reports.
- Macrographic Controls and measurements.
- Gauge calibration and conformity; manage gauges and measuring equipment maintenance for plant.
- Capability Studies.
- Able to use CMM machine for manual specific measurements.
- Check and validate geometry of assembly jigs and stamping dies.
- Perform in-house calibration of hand-held measurement equipment.
- Write CMM programs for part measurement.
Skills of the Metrology Technician
- Experience of conducting finished products audit methods.
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent attention to details and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet targets.
- Effective communicator both verbally and written
- Experienced in reading from drawings / understanding of parts specifications.
- Experience of CMM / Metrology Software
- Statistical Techniques / SPC / Gauge R+R
- Able to produce summary reports and effectively explain the results.
- ANPQP Experience, would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Macrograph Techniques.
- Experience of Measurement arms with scanner (FARO, Romer etc.)
- Experience of calibrating hand-held measurement equipment.
- Flexibility to work with little supervision across shifts.
Job Reference: BE/Metrology_1549641555
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing