NPI Project Engineer
NPI Project Engineer
NPI Project Engineer Job Profile:
This role is supporting the business and the individual departments (Assembly & Pressing) with Stamping and Process related modifications. This will be working within the New Product introduction (NPI) area of the business.
Responsibilities of the NPI Project Engineer role:
- Managing product design, process design & gauge design, including feasibility, and introduction in line with QCD deliverables.
- Create, modify and interpret CAD models, Engineering Drawings & Specifications.
- Providing quotation support for tooling, processes and checking fixtures to include concepts, layouts and cycle times as required.
- Providing accurate cost and timing feedback for products and changes during the enquiry and program phase to company commercial team.
- Preparation of SORs for tooling, processes and checking fixtures.
- Support nomination of tooling, processes and checking fixture suppliers.
- Support the buy off of tooling and lead the buy off processes.
- Lead and co-ordinate internal process run @ rate and process buy off.
- Provide timing for assigned milestones and activities and ensure they are achieved.
Experience Required of the NPI Project Engineer role:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of high volume automotive manufacturing with specific attention to engineering processes.
- Lead assembly equipment sourcing, buy off, installation and commissioning from kick off to volume production.
- Able to use CATIA and to transpose GD&T from complex assemblies into child parts.
- Strong understanding of the core tools PFMEA / Control Plan / Gauge R&R etc.
- Presswork / Tooling / Assembly / Gauges experience.
- Educated to HNC / Degree level minimum in a relevant discipline.
- Current driving license & valid Pasport, as travel to customers and suppliers will be required as and when necessary. Prepared for periods away from home at domestic and foreign customers and suppliers.
Job Reference: BE-PJEN_1546945746
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing