Up to £9.37 per hour
Do you have experience of packing products/components in a busy Warehouse/Production Environment?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Packing Operator working for a leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components based in Newton Aycliffe.
Packing Operator Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pack components and check each order ensuring all components are accounted for and are palletised. Ensure products are inspected, prepared, and packed and made ready for despatch and are correct against the manifest and of the correct quality.
- Removing excess glue and or labels. Once you have identified a product that needs reworking this should be passed to the relevant section.
- All packing needs must be stored safely and in a tidy manner, labelled in terms of product size and description making identification easily. Records should be kept that identifies what work/job number has been completed and pallet labelled accordingly.
- Assist in the factory Housekeeping and general maintenance activities. Assisting with packing of bespoke products, general forklift duties, as well as delivering and collecting in the company van as require, goods inwards and despatch is integral part of the role.
- Production of packaging from the VKS is essential, and management of packing raw materials.
- Ensure jobs are completed & delivered on time and in line with the factory production plan. Ensuring deliveries are made in full without missing components with each component cross referenced against the manifest.
- Ensure no quality failures are passed on from your department and continually strive to achieve 100% RFT.
- Where products are found to be faulty that cannot be repaired or recovered, reporting this immediately ensuring the shortage is noted and made visible. Once the new component arrives to fast track to the appropriate order/pallet or trolley.
- Ensure that the supplies of consumables including packaging, cardboard, poly, and tape is controlled to prevent stock outs.
Packing Operator Applicants:
- Able to pick up the differences between colours and slight changes in shades of colours.
- Able to follow SOP and work unsupervised.
- Able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster, and safer.
- Have good PC skills.
- Fork truck license is desired.
Hours of work are 7.30am until 4pm, with an hourly rate of £9.37 per hour.
Candidates may also be interested in Packing, Packaging, Packing Operator, Goods In, Warehouse, Warehousing, Materials Handler, Storesperson, Warehouseman, Goods Inward, Storeman, Goods Received, Store Operative, Warehouse Operative, Unloading Deliveries, Unloading, Inbound Deliveries, FLT.
Job Reference: SM/PACKINGOPERATOR_1619773262
Salary: Up to £9.37 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production