Pre-Assembly Production Operator
Up to £9.37 per hour
Have you worked in the KBB Industry? Do you have joinery and assembly experience?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Pre-Assembly Production Operator working for a leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components based in Newton Aycliffe.
Pre-Assembly Production Operator Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The preassembly task cannot be started until a cabinet breakdown and kitchen layout has been received and studied and that all components such as drawer runners etc. have been received
- To carry out preassembly in line with production schedule ensuring all components are prepared for the cabinet in line with the cabinet breakdown. Ensuring feet are fitted in correct orientation and in right position depending on plinth type etc., that all gables are prepared with the correct components paying attention to the type of drawer runners, door hanging requirements and door sizes and type of hinge.
- That jobs are processed accurately against production orders, cutting lists and cabinet breakdowns in line with production requirements, processing most urgent orders first
- This role is at the forefront of our client’s quality management process of completing orders, responsible for applying and fixing the correct drawer runners and packers where required, fitting all brackets, hinge plates, feet, and other components as required by the cabinet breakdown. Each item fixed securely without over tightening and damaging screws, components and panels
- Checking labels and component sizing and that items have been edged, bored and drilled in line with the desired cabinet design before fixing components
- Handle each product a minimum of twice and ensure that there is plenty of opportunity for inspection of the product paying attention to both sides of the panel and the components being fitted. Typical inspection attributes are chipping, scratching, sizing, tape adherence, general component quality particularly type and colour before fixing
- All panels will need to be sorted and collated by cabinet ensuring all components have been drilled and bored and are ready for preassembly to begin
- Where a faulty product has been discovered activate the SMR process
- Stock control of glue, brackets, screws, feet and any other general Kanban product, tools and other consumables
- Waste disposal, having a clean and tidy work area free from clutter
- Safe handling of panels and components ensuring work top bench is clean and free from anything that could damage the panel being prepared
- Supporting the greater team effort where preassembly demand is a lower priority than assisting with other tasks. This could result in CNC and drill and dowel, assisting with dressing or making boxes and or just packing
- Some items may not be suitable for assembly on the line, as such they may need to be manually clamped or taken to the bespoke area
- Building cabinets in an order that suits the dressing conveyors occupancy on both lines
- To assist with assembly prior to the clamp of the prepared panels
Pre-Assembly Production Operator Applicants:
- Must be able to pick up the differences between colours and slight changes in shades of colours
- Understand cabinet construction
- Be able to follow SOP and work unsupervised
- Be able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster and safer
- Have good PC skills
Hours of work: 7.30am until 5pm.
Hourly rate: £9.37 per hour.
Candidate may also be interested in Assembly, Pre-Assembly, Joinery, Joiner, KBB, Kitchens, Kitchen Fitter, Kitchen Units, Kitchens Cabinets, Kitchen Drawers, Doors, Drawers, Hinges, Kitchen Components.
Job Reference: SM/ASSEMBLY_1605283147
Salary: Up to £9.37 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing