Production Group Leader
£25000 - £26000 per annum + 35% Shift premium = £35,100
35% Shift premium = £35,100
- Production Group Leader
- Continental Shifts
Purpose of The Production Group Leader Role:
The Group Leader position is the first line, shift management of the facility with responsibility to manage a number of Lead operators, their teams and processes to support both plant objectives and achieve goals set by the Business Unit Leaders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Production Group Leader:
- Ensures internal on-time delivery of products between value streams by understanding and delivering correct volume.
- Provide timely recovery actions to any volume shortages
- Performs regular walks and audits related to safety, quality, waste, 5S, standard work, productivity, scrap and OEE/PPPPH , Documentation should verify regularity.
- Ensure the group understands the importance of maintaining a high standard of 5S
- Adjusts manpower planning to achieve optimal output in line with the production plan.
- Identify improvement opportunities for the group and request support where necessary. Update all required metrics to identify poor performance and monitor corrective actions.
- Address the underlying cause of operator performance issues when measured against key area & line targets.
- Identify and plan the training needs of areas and of team members, monitors progress towards completion, liaise with training dept.
- Carry out performance reviews, discipline, and motivational tasks, assist with recruitment, development and training of team members.
- Ensure appropriate data collection is used to support production decisions
- Exercise high standards of H & S at all times, including Environmental Safety and ergonomic awareness
Personal Characteristics of the Production Group Leader:
- It is essential that candidates possess flexibility, drive and enthusiasm and are tenacious and determined to succeed in a demanding environment.
- Additionally candidates should be able to keep calm, constructive and disciplined when under pressure.
- Candidates must be a good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership, people management, communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- Recognizes and rewards employees for achieving goals.
Job Reference: BE-PGL_1545392561
Salary: £25000 - £26000 per annum + 35% Shift premium = £35,100
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: County Durham
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production