PSV/HGV Mechanic/ Fitter
£25000 - £27000 per annum + Shift Allowance/ Overtime
Shift Allowance/ Overtime
My client, a leading transport provider, are looking to appoint an experienced PSV/HGV Mechanic/Fitter.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To contribute within the engineering main function of ensuring that all vehicles are maintained to ensure that they are reliable, safe and available for service at all times.
- Carry out inspections and repairs on company vehicles and complete associated paperwork.
- Prepare vehicles for annual test above DVSA standards and complete associated paperwork.
- Carry Out Vehicle Servicing.
- Light Welding, Heating & Cutting.
- Carry out minor electrical repairs.
- Carry out minor body repairs.
- The Driving Of The Recovery Vehicle.
- The Recovery of disabled vehicles and carry out vehicle changeovers.
- Carry Out First Use Checks & Return to Service Inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Carry Out Wheel Nut Inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed.
- Be a proactive positive team member.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To ensure that the vehicles required for service are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Fleet Engineer in this respect are carried out.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and to co-operate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities.
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to Management.
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to.
- To ensure the compliance of the companies policies and procedures at all times.
- Hours of work: 38 hours per week
- Annual Holiday Entitlement: 5 weeks holiday plus paid public holidays
- You will be part of a shift system and overtime may be requested by management to cover business needs.
- All employees have a responsibility to undertake training and development as required. They also have a responsibility to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees.
Salary is between £25k and £27k per annum plus additional overtime/ shift allowance which will be discussed at interview.
Job Reference: MG548_1547127657
Salary: £25000 - £27000 per annum + Shift Allowance/ Overtime
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical