Quality Assurance Technician
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Pension
Our client an established food manufacturer based in Middlesbrough are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join there expanding team.
- Ensuring overall quality standards are maintained for all products and the factory in general.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure the product quality standards are available on each line and that they are being followed correctly.
- To ensure policies and procedures relating to quality, food safety and H&S are being adhered to.
- To support production in solving issues and making decisions on quality/Food safety (escalating to Quality Manager/ Technical Manager if necessary).
- To conduct internal audits against the agreed schedule.
- To carry out all micro testing against the schedule and that retests on adverse results are sent away and the spreadsheet is completed correctly.
- To carry out internal checks/ calibrations of equipment inclusive of chemical dosing, temp probes and scales etc.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork within the QMS.
- Communicate with suppliers with regards to non-conformances. Ensure that non-conformances are followed up, effective corrective actions are agreed and repeat issues are dealt with in conjunction with Quality Manager.
- Carry out new employee inductions, training as necessary.
- Attend morning production meetings and be prepared with previous day’s issues/corrective actions and upcoming information that needs to be shared.
- Set a good example to all other employees in both manner and conduct.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks that are required as part of the needs of the business.
- To carry our daily GMP audits and raise Non-conformances as appropriate.
- To conduct taste panels and resolve corrective actions.
- £18,000 – £20,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Day shift position.
- Pension scheme.
- Holiday scheme.
Job Reference: ABQATO_1554284531
Salary: £18000 - £20000 per annum + Pension
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical