Quality Technician (Clean Room)
Quality Tech 85456_1550655655
£21000 - £22000 per annum + Shift Allowance
To assist and improve all aspects of Quality within the production department working primarily within the Clean Room Environment.
Provide Quality support within Clean Room whilst liaising with Production Management and Quality Department to maintain and drive continual improvement.
The successful role holder will be required to work unsupervised and be self-motivated to achieve the main duties of the role.
- Carry out Quality Control inspection and testing on work in progress and finished goods
- First off, last off and in process inspection and testing
- Communication of test failures and any quality issues to relevant responsibility and authority for immediate counteraction
- Support production in resolving machine process and assembly quality related issues
- Control of non-conforming product
- Carry out accurate data reporting management using both paper and computer based systems
- Maintain & control quality records and samples as per retention period
- Auditing the quality system, processes and products & performance reporting
- Training and assisting Clean Room staff in quality initiatives
- Assist in the development, implementation and improvement of the Quality Management System
- Carry out quality control planning of work within teams to ensure efficient and efficient management of resources
- Maintain a high standard of communication both written and verbal to all levels of the organisation
- Manage the communication with other team members effectively to safeguard that all testing and required work is carried out and reported to stakeholders within specified timescales
- To attend department and interdepartmental meetings as required or directed by management
- Undertake training and continual personal development required to fulfil the role
- Develop quality control plans for all products
- Prepare production part approvals and (Initial sample inspection report) ISIR submissions including required measurement activity
- Maintain Calibration of equipment and records within the department
- Assist in the development of new products, procedures and projects
- Implementation and completion of engineering changes in a timely manner including all documentation
- Oversee production trials for new and modified products within the department
- Investigate quality issues
- Support the Quality and Production Departments in the roll out of Quality initiatives
- Carry out reasonable tasks or additional duties as and when required by line manager and senior management
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of and implement:
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- An understanding of performance measurement and Key performance Indicators (KPI)
The role will require proactive thinking and self-motivation in helping to achieve reporting targets and bring attention to any quality issues.
The role will require multitasking and tenacity in dealing with the processes to ensure that quality control reporting and all other requested work is delivered on time.
- Recognised Quality Qualification at Level 3 equivalent and/or above or relevant vocational experience
- Good general standard of education including Maths and English GCSE Grade C Equivalent or Above
- Quality experience within medical device manufacture including ISO9001 and ISO13485 and related auditing experience
- Lean Manufacturing/BIT
- Experience of working with Engineering Drawings
- Experience of using ERP System such as Syspro and quality management system such as QPulse
- Understanding of 80/20 or Pareto Principle
- Strong problem solving and/or analytical skill
- Strong Communication skills working with all levels of organisation
- Experience of working with people to establish procedures, standards and systems
- Able to write methodical works instructions for the manufacture of medical devices
- Able to adhere to and communicate the company values
- Able to mentor and develop skills in others
- A good team player who is able to adapt to working independently or with new or short term teams
- Self-motivated and able to adaptable to change to support the business objectives
- Desire to continuously improve technique and CPD
- Good Communicator with all levels of organisation
Up to £22k per annum plus shift allowance.
Shift One – Monday to Thursday – 7am to 3.14pm, Friday 7am to 1.14pm – 12.45% allowance.
Shift Two – Monday to Thursday – 3pm to 11.14pm, Friday 1pm to 7.14pm – 15% allownace.
Unpaid lunch break of 25mins.
The job holder will be expected to work such hours as are necessary to fulfil the needs of the business. Reasonable overtime payment will be made.
Job Reference: Quality Tech 85456_1550655655
Salary: £21000 - £22000 per annum + Shift Allowance
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical