Quality/CMM Inspector (Days)
£10 - £12 per hour + Additional Benefits
Our client an established precision engineering company are looking to recruit an experienced Quality/CMM Inspector to join their expanding team.
- To support the needs of the Quality Manager; Quality Team Leader and the business in line with the company goals and objectives.
- Managing workload of the department in line with MPS and achieving set targets.
- Training and advising Operators in specific quality techniques, ensuring understand and competence.
- Troubleshooting by Inspection on a daily basis, the quality issues that affect MPS.
- Producing FAIR (First Article Inspection Recording) documentation pre final inspection.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
- Production of programs for the CNC (Computer Numerical Control) CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine) so work can be inspected during the process.
- Advising production on best practice measurement techniques.
- Promoting the acquisition of resources for the department.
- Guiding and liaising with other departments to resolve issues effectively in a timely manner.
- Initiating and auctioning ideas for improvements to products, equipment, methods, systems and materials made or used by the department, thereby creating and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Informing the Team Leader of any issues and escalating as appropriate.
- Ensuring housekeeping within the area is maintained to the highest standards.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Read and understanding of engineering technical drawings desirable.
- Previous experience of using MRP systems desirable.
- Experience of quality approvals within the Aerospace industry.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively within a small team.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Understanding of subcontract treatments.
- CNC CMM capability.
- Good understanding of all measuring equipment (i.e. micrometres, verniers, height gauges and screw measuring equipment).
- £10 – £12 per hour depending on experience.
- Day shift: Mon-Thurs 8:00AM – 4:45PM / Fri 8:00AM – 12:30PM.
- Shift allowance on top of basic salary if transferred onto shifts.
- Life assurance.
- Nissan car club.
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Employee support hub.
Job Reference: ABFCMM_1551891526
Salary: £10 - £12 per hour + Additional Benefits
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical