Senior CAD Technician
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Senior CAD Technician – Darlington:
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior CAD Technician to join it’s Darlington team. It has a long and distinguished history in the construction of landmark structures around the world, particularly iconic bridges and buildings with international involvement in exciting and high profile projects in a range of industries.
Our client is a dynamic, technology-driven company who encourage their employees to interact, innovate and develop within a supportive, close knit environment. For graduate engineers who have not attained Chartered status we operate graduate training schemes which are approved by the ICE and by the IMechE.
The successful candidate will be part of a team involved in the conceptual and detailed design of construction engineering schemes, specialist equipment and temporary works.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will work closely with our engineers using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCad software as follows;
- Create preliminary 3-D models for use in sales and marketing, and also develop/produce detailed 3-D master models for secured projects.
- Produce general arrangements, marking plans and detailed manufacturing drawings from master models for the manufacture of components and assembly/erection of structures.
- Produce geometrical set-outs and arrangements for concepts and design development.
- Produce scheme drawings which define construction methods and sequences.
- Produce material schedules for information with respect to pricing and procurement.
- Develop/produce animations to illustrate operational sequences when using our integrated structures (eg erection gantries) and bespoke equipment.
- Check drawings prior to issue and use as required.
- Supervise, mentor and assist junior/trainee CAD technicians as part of their training and skills improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role and ability to demonstrate a sound practical knowledge of the important aspects of steelwork fabrication and corresponding site works. (preferably time served draughtsperson or similar qualification)
- Ability to use 3-D modelling CAD software and AutoCad unsupervised.
- Knowledge of steelwork detailing for manufacturing and erection/assembly.
- Good general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail systems etc)
- Good presentation and communications skills
Job Reference: SHSCAD_1552408482
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical