Senior Maintenance Engineer (Multi-Skilled)
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus
Summary of Senior Maintenance Engineer (Multi-Skilled) role:
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Maintenance Engineer to ensure that production equipment is fully maintained and operating efficiently.
Responsibilities of Senior Maintenance Engineer (Multi-Skilled) role:
- The day to day management and supervision of the maintenance department.
- To supervise all maintenance personnel to efficiently carry out maintenance and repair work to machinery, plant and equipment with the minimum of disruption or stoppage to production operations.
- To specifically organise, either by delegation or self, the supervision of apprentices and maintain records of this taking place.
- To organise shift rotas so that production requirements receive cover at all times.
- To arrange planned maintenance, condition based maintenance, root cause analysis, re-stock and supply of parts/tools and plant and supervision of sub-contractors.
- To liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers through the correct Company Procedures and Department.
- To develop and maintain the relevant documentation and implement the appropriate procedures relating to:-
- Machine downtime
- New and existing machinery and plant (servicing and repair)
- Modifications and improvements
- Machine programming
- Engineering handbooks and drawings
- All relevant Health & Safety documentation relating to COSHH, electricity, pressurised containers, emergency lighting and any other factory services, plant or situation requiring regulative documentation by law or general company recording procedures.
- All office equipment including computers, videos, televisions, OHP’s etc
- To maintain liaison with Shift Supervision with regards to machine downtime and production requirements.
- To submit regular weekly reports of machine downtime to Engineering.
- To develop and improve efficiency of Maintenance Department in order to reduce machine downtime.
- To contribute as a member of the Management Team with the aim of reducing overheads and work within the budgetary allocation for the Maintenance Department.
- To maintain all fixtures, fittings and ancillary devices both internal and external to the company premises.
- To supply written reports to the Engineering Manager of any special project work proposed and/or undertaken.
Job Reference: BE/SME_1543935799
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: County Durham
Job Industry: Engineering