Senior Mechanical Engineer
£46000 - £56000 per annum + full benefit package
full benefit package
Our client a FTSE 100 company and true leader in their industry is looking to recruit A Senior Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for overall equipment mechnical design for Capex projects.
Principal accountabilities for this role are:
- Responsible for overall equipment mechanical design for the project. Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to Capex Projects procedures and agreed with the client.
- Provide technical expertise as required/defined by the project.
- Ensure the correct level of technical input and review has been applied to the coordinated design.
- Ensure technical knowledge is kept up to date. Maintain close contact with technical experts within the relevant engineering fields.
- Ensure adherence to Policies and Standards.
- Ensure timely ordering, delivery, installation and commissioning of equipment, co-ordinating the delivery, installation and commissioning of multiple equipment items and multiple contractors.
- Development and inform Capital Expenditure requests as required.
- Maintain open and constructive communications with project stakeholders, the client and all parties relevant to the project.
- Ensure completion and handover of the project to the client’s satisfaction. Conduct post project reviews to identify areas for improvement.
- Timely reporting of project progress and identification of issues which may affect schedule, budget or quality with additional reporting requirements managed appropriately
- Work as an individual or as part of a project team to deliver successful projects. Provide project leadership and support for project team members.
- Management of multiple engineering contractors and/or main contractor as pertinent to the project.
- Coordinate and manage the work of multiple external consultants and designers as required by the project.
- Ensure all projects are carried out in accordance with Health & Safety standards and local regulations. Monitor contractor Health & Safety performance and make improvements as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to Security requirements, constructability and the impact on existing operations during the design and execution of the project.
- Develop understanding of company Sustainability policy and implement in project design where relevant.
- Ensure Sustainability is considered during the equipment and process design and preparation of Capital Expenditure proposals.
- Develop understanding of industrial best practice for energy and waste reduction.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Mechanical Engineer on Projects
Experience working in a matrix modelled, delivery-focused project environment
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: AH/MERY_1554467286
Salary: £46000 - £56000 per annum + full benefit package
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical