Senior SQA Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus, private dental & health package
Bonus, private dental & health package
SENIOR SQA ENGINEER
We are currently recruiting for a Senior SQA Engineer for a leading Advanced Electronics Manufacturer in County Durham.
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior SQA Engineer:
- This position is responsible for managing the Supplier Quality Team on site to support specific, urgent and important supplier problems that the manufacturing Plant require assistance with – forming and leading cross functional supplier, design and process teams to resolve the issue. To coordinate a permanent corrective solution working with the SDE activity on revised specifications and lessons learned for the commodity/Supplier.
- Daily management of Plant Supplier Quality Team providing leadership and coaching to reports and other departments regarding Supplier Quality activities. Ensuring Supplier Quality team has necessary training and expertise to support the needs of the suppliers and company.
- Plant SQA mentoring – working with the SQA teams in the Plants to help them resolve open concerns, centralize and own common cross Plant issues and urgent important issues (throughout all plant locations).
- Develop Quality Improvement Programs as required – forming cross functional teams and leading the creation and execution of the plans, Managing the supplier escalation process.
- Support corporate initiatives of CS1, CS2 with suppliers.
- Report progress to the Plant / Product Group / Central Quality.
- Capture lessons learned and seamlessly work with Supplier Development Engineers to develop commodity-based specifications and lessons learned to be applied on all similar parts/Suppliers.
- Review & Monitor Supplier Safe Launch activities working with SDE to develop & accept the plans to ensure the manufacturing plant / OEMs are fully protected.
- Conducting audits to assess suppliers against requirements.
- Driving improvement throughout the supply base to meet Global Electronic directives.
- Supporting the supplier sourcing and selection committee.
- Supporting APQP/PPAP/PSW activities.
- Out of hours work and international travel required (sometimes at short notice).
- Support & comply with Business Management system encompassing IATF16949, IS0 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Skills/Experience Required of the Senior SQA Engineer:
- HND in Electronic or Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Experience of a similar role- 1st tier automotive supplier experience essential.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
Job Reference: BE/SSQA_1551179119
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus, private dental & health package
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing