Supply Chain Planner
Are you an experienced Supply Planner, looking for a new challenge?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Permanent Supply Planner to work for a highly reputable client based in Newton Aycliffe. Our client provides professional commercial services to some of the largest manufacturing and retail operations across the UK and Europe – across the whole kitchen, bedroom and home furniture sector enables them to offer a wide range of services.
They have an opportunity for an experienced Supply Planner to work in close liaison with both the supplier and the customer, to co-ordinate the movement of goods from receipt of customer order through to delivery. Tasks will include analysing customer demand requirements and translating them into supply plans, analysing and monitoring customer forecasts/sales and proposing production batches to suppliers (where appropriate) to ensure the efficient flow of material.
The role will also involve data processing and information management, ensuring 100% accuracy of all correspondence and information flow, problem solving, and liaison (both internally and externally) to co-ordinate the resolution of supplier quality issues.
Supply Planner Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interrogation of customer purchase forecasts and sales, and the creation of related commentaries and reports for both internal teams and external partners.
- Supply/demand planning to review material and finished goods inventory, creation of production batches if needed, and load management, done in conjunction with customer and supplier.
- Sales order processing and data management.
- Contribute to financial planning and company budgets.
- Problem solving any quality issues to resolution and a best outcome for both the supplier and customer.
- Order and logistics management, working with suppliers to ensure OTIF delivery with all relevant parties to ensure deliveries are booked in, and arrive accordingly.
- To ensure various UK import customs procedures are followed and vehicles transit smoothly
- Customer and supplier liaison and co-ordination.
- Support and liaise with internal Sales and Key Account Management teams.
Supply Planner Applicants:
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous supply or demand planning experience.
- Able to analyse and interrogate forecast documents and explain interpretations.
- Excellent organization & time-management.
- Positive, self-motivator.
- Decisive and determined with a “can do” attitude.
- Calm and confident problem solver, with an analytical approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to think “outside of the box”.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications; advanced competence with spreadsheets is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills in order to deal confidently with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to undertake travel as required (which can be with short notice). This could include overnight stays both within the UK and in Europe.
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 points and no previous bans (also essential to be confident to drive long distances within the UK and Europe).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding and appreciation of European culture and business practices (knowledge of Italian and/or German would be a benefit but is not essential).
Applicants may also be interested in Supply, Supply Chain, Planner, Supply Planner, Supply Chain Planner, Logistics, Transport, Administration, Administrator, Coordinator.
Job Reference: SM/SUPPLYPLANNER_1655895679
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Commercial_operations