Tooling Engineer / Supervisor
**** TOOLING SUPERVISOR / ENGINEER VACANCY ****
Are you interested in working with an engineering/manufacturing company who are experts in Body in White Engineering and Component manufacturing?
Do you have a background in Tooling or Toolmaking in the automotive industry up to middle level management?
Do you live in or are in the surrounding areas of Sunderland?
Baltic Recruitment are proud to be recruiting on behalf of a manufacturer in the Sunderland area who are specialists in the field of Body in White systems and components.
They are recruiting on a permanent basis for a Tooling Supervisor/Engineer who can produce tooling, carry out upgrades and implement improvements to processes.
Read on to find out more:
Key Tasks of the role
- Sourcing of Tools, Equipment, Materials and Spares.
- Coordinating with Quality & Production management to ensure high build quality.
- Documenting and reporting on all work carried out.
- Responsibility for coordinating maintenance within department to ensure minimum downtime.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and fault-finding activities to develop long term solutions to tooling issues.
- Leading of the team to meet and exceed performance objectives.
- Full responsibility to Health & Safety of all departmental staff.
- Identify Process Improvement activities with the department.
Qualifications and Training Required
- HND/Degree level qualification in an engineering related discipline.
- Background in Tooling / Toolmaking in the engineering industry.
- Have knowledge and experience of tooling activities within Body in White. (Press and Assembly)
- Be computer literate and an effective communicator at all levels of seniority.
Skills and Experience Required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Tooling Engineer role within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of leading a team within a tooling department.
- Experience of working with presses up to 3000 tonnes.
- Experience of working with Lean Manufacturing / 6 Sigma.
- Ability to develop team members effectively.
- Be a self-starter who owns tasks and maintains momentum throughout a project.
Job Reference: TSE-AH1_1601643045
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering