Trainee/ Junior CAD Technician
£16000 - £20000 per annum
Trainee/ Junior CAD Technician – Darlington:
Our client is looking to recruit a Trainee/ Junior CAD Technician to join it’s Darlington team. It has a long and distinguished history in the construction of landmark structures around the world, particularly iconic bridges and buildings with international involvement in exciting and high profile projects in a range of industries.
Our client is a dynamic, technology-driven company who encourage their employees to interact, innovate and develop within a supportive, close knit environment. For graduate engineers who have not attained Chartered status we operate graduate training schemes which are approved by the ICE and by the IMechE.
The successful candidate will be part of a team involved in the conceptual and detailed design of construction engineering schemes, specialist equipment and temporary works.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will be trained and mentored to develop/improve their CAD skills and capability using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCad software to create the following;
- Preliminary 3-D models for use in sales and marketing, and also develop/produce detailed 3-D master models for secured projects.
- Produce general arrangements, marking plans and detailed manufacturing drawings from master models for the manufacture of components and assembly/erection of structures.
- Produce geometrical set-outs and arrangements for concepts and design development.
- Produce scheme drawings which define construction methods and sequences.
- Produce material schedules for information with respect to pricing and procurement.
- Develop/produce animations to illustrate operational sequences when using our integrated structures (eg erection gantries) and bespoke equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE including Maths, English and a Science.
- Appropriate level 2 qualification in computer aided design or similar.
- Some knowledge of using 3-D modelling CAD software and it’s applications.
- Good general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail systems etc)
- Good presentation and communications skills
Job Reference: SHJCAD_1552409783
Salary: £16000 - £20000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical