Weekend Shift Engineer
£30000 - £39000 per annum
Job Description of the Weekend Shift Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager/Shift Manager
Main Objective of the Weekend Shift Engineer
Working in accordance with all legislative and manufacturers requirements to ensure the optimised operation of all machinery in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities of the Weekend Shift Engineer
- Efficiently and effectively repair/maintain and overhaul all plant and equipment.
- Assist with the installation of new equipment.
- Carry out/assist with the scheduled PPM programme.
- Ensure the standards of safety, accuracy and productivity, administration, housekeeping and hygiene are maintained to the company’s standards.
- Provide cover for holidays and other absences within the engineering department.
- Contribute ideas and solutions that will improve the levels of operation within engineering and production.
The above list is not exhaustive. The job holder is expected to support the business as and when in the normal execution of their duties.
Nature and Scope
- The Engineer will be a multi skilled engineer, capable of diagnosing and resolving a wide range of issues.
- A flexible approach to working is required as priorities can change with short notice.
- Work unsupervised delivering a high level of attention to detail.
- Work to a culture of continuous improvement to develop reliability, safety, accuracy and efficiency.
- The company is committed to providing very high standards of customer service and care and it is very important that all factory personnel maintain a high level of flexibility to support this.
- Essential: Experienced mechanical engineers with basic electrical fault finding/ diagnosis skills.
- Preferable: Experience of working in a factory environment and on production machinery/corrugator.
- Hours: Saturday and Sunday 6.00am to 6.00pm- 2 x 12 hour shifts.
- Monday 06.00am to 10.00am (Tuesday if there is a Bank Holiday).
- In addition you would be contracted to work 10 x 8 hour shifts at the businesses discretion throughout the year being available if required for Bank Holidays including Good Friday/Easter Monday.
- This calculates to an average 29.5 hours per week.
- Salary is up to £39k per annum.
- Holidays are 13 days per year based on a working day of 12 hours.
Job Reference: BE-WSE_1569410628
Salary: £30000 - £39000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical