£9.40 - £9.70 per hour
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for Machine Operative, working for a Manufacturing and Production based in Middlesbrough. As a direct result of our client’s continued successes and increased demand in products, the business has identified the need for additional Machine Operative to join the existing team.
As a Machine Operative, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the machines within a food manufacturing environment, in particular flow wrapper machines, complete the correct paperwork and checks, and also understand all the Health and Safety requirements.
The nature of the work means that you will be working in a chilled, ambient or freezer environment. Work can be repetitive so candidates must be able to keep motivated throughout the whole shift.
Machine Operative Role Responsibilities Include:
- Operating machines, in particular flow wrapper machines
- Keeping machines supplied with packaging materials and labels
- Reporting machine faults
- Adjusting machine settings
- Working in a chilled environment
- Helping the production line run smoothly
- Quality checking
- Experience of working in a food environment is advantageous, however full training will be given.
- Previous machine operating experience within a food or packaging environment
- Previous experience of flow wrapping machines would be an advantage
- The ability to follow strict processes
- An extremely high attention to detail
- Able to work with own initiative
- Candidates must be flexible, hard-working and possess a positive attitude to work.
- All employees have the opportunity to apply for internal progression
- 28 days holidays including Bank Holidays
- Subsidised canteen which serves hot food
- All training is provided including Level 2 Food Health & Safety
- Christmas Bonuses and Staff party
Hours of Work
Working hours are either shift patterns of either 6am – 2pm or 2pm to 10pm or start times tend to be 6-8am but can vary with finish times dependent on production volumes. This is for full time positions, 5 days a week across a 7-day production, including weekends.
Pay Rate: Starting at £9.40 and then increasing to £9.70 after 13 weeks training and Level 2 food safety are complete.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on 01325 731 061
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us to see how else we can help.
Job Reference: Sm1211221_1636726647
Salary: £9.40 - £9.70 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing