£35000 - £45000 per annum + pension, benefits
Looking to recruit a Manufacturing/Assembly Engineer to join a company where new product development is at the core of their business strategy. You’ll be responsible for working in a cross functional team you will be responsible for the selection, design, implementation and continuous improvement of assembly processes.
Purpose of Role:
Working in a cross functional team you will be responsible for the selection, design, implementation and continuous improvement of assembly processes.
Assembly process include:
The Manufacturing/Assembly Engineer will have the following:
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ownership/Continuous improvement of existing machines / processes.
- Selection of new assembly process/techniques.
- Specification/Development of new equipment/tooling.
- Testing new and existing production procedures, find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Be involved in quality process and product improvements/accreditations/CE Marking/ISO
- Train staff in new and existing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers in developing new manufacturing technologies
- Involvement in Design Reviews to ensure New Products are designed for manufacture
- Machine/process introduction including: –
– Supplier selection
– Cycle time achievement and reduction.
– Factory layout
– Technical files and operating instructions
– Support for production and Maintenance teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of HNC/HND Standard or equivalent
- Technical background, with hands-on experience in designing and setting up production lines for new processes
- Software knowledge (MS Office, 2D and 3D CAD, Ideally Solidworks)
- Experience with 6 Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
Good communication skills
Time Management and planning skills
Job Reference: AH/HA_1658908718
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + pension, benefits
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Engineering_technical