Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
Are you an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician, looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Permanent Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician, working for a highly reputable client located in Newton Aycliffe. Our client has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join their team and make an immediate contribution to the business supporting their production department where they produce CNC cut, drilled and edged products of market leading quality.
The role will be to maintain machinery across their multi-million-pound facility producing wood-based panel products to our vast customer base. The role is a full-time vacancy with standard shifts for days and afternoons, Monday to Friday. Due to the 24-hour operation of the business, there is required overtime, which will be paid at an enhanced overtime rate as and when required.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to show previous maintenance experience (minimum 5 years) within gearboxes, motors, hydraulics, bearings, robotics, 3 phase supply, invertors, sensors, relays, drives and automated conveyors systems.
- Ability to work to a high-level health and safety standard.
- Have confidence and competency in reactive fault finding.
- Provide first response for technical breakdowns, specialist knowledge, electrical repairs and fault finding.
- Have experience working within a bespoke large scale production setting.
- Be proactive with ongoing maintenance of production machinery to ensure minimal downtime.
- Be flexible in their approach to working hours.
- Improving performance and reducing risk through maintenance regimes.
- Investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of longer-term faults.
- Installation and commission of new plant machinery.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Applicants:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Excel in a team environment
- Have keen attention to detail
- Be able to stay calm under pressure
- Full clean UK driving license
- Ability to maintain the facility to a high standard
- Be willing to work Weekday shifts (with occasional weekends and paid call outs)
- Have Knowledge of Homag, Biesse, machinery would be advantageous
- Have a recognised qualification minimum level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
- Have manufacturing or timber sector experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge
- Level 4 or higher qualification in Mechanical Engineering
Candidates may also be interested in Maintenance, Multi-Skilled Maintenance, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Planned Preventative Maintenance Technician, Planned Preventative Maintenance Engineer, Wood Machinery, Homag, Biesse.
Job Reference: SM/MAINTENANCEPERM_1655891038
Salary per: Annum
Baltic Recruitment Sector: Automotive_manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production